The Library of Sarajevo School of Science and Technology aims to provide a personalized, high quality service to support the University's teaching and research programmes and to encourage the development of creative and independent thinking.
Our goals are to promote excellence in learning, to support the information, research, and curriculum needs of the University through an effective, collaborative collection development and management program, as well as to serve as a gateway to sources of information vital for research and scholastic achievement.
For question regarding both our on-line and in-house collections and resources please contact us every day from 10AM to 5PM.
+387 33 975 026
ACTIVE DATABASE ACCESS
Subscriptions through the kindness of The Kuwaiti Electronic Library
SpringerLink has been providing researchers with access to millions of scientific documents from journals, books, series, protocols and reference works for many years. New books and journals are available every day in fields such as Architecture & Design, Biomedical Sciences, Business & Management, Computer Science and more.
In order to access eBooks available on SpringerLink, go here.
In order to access eJournals available on SpringerLink, go here.
SpringerProtocols is the largest subscription-based online database of reproducible laboratory protocols in the biomedical and life sciences. Compiling protocols from the book series Methods in Molecular Biology and other sources, SpringerProtocols offers researchers access to nearly thirty years of tested, trusted, step-by-step protocols for immediate use in the lab. With an emphasis on comprehensiveness and clarity, each protocol is organized in an easily reproducible recipe style. Protocols are written by experts in the field and are reviewed by editors distinguished in their specific subject areas, as well as by our prestigious editorial board. SpringerProtocols is an invaluable resource for the modern research laboratory.
In order to access SpringerProtocols, go here.
United Nations Digital Library (UNDL)
ACTIVE TRIAL ACCESS
Computer & Communication Sciences collection from IOS Press. IOS Press serves the information needs of scientific and medical communities worldwide. IOS Press now publishes around 100 international journals and approximately 75 book titles each year on subjects ranging from computer sciences and mathematics to medicine and the natural sciences.
SPIE Digital Library contains the world’s largest collection of optics and photonics research with over 400,000 papers from conference proceedings, peer-reviewed journals, and eBooks. Content covers the broadest range of applied optics and photonics science and engineering papers anywhere.
This free access will be available for 40 days.
To begin using SPIE Digital Library, visit http://spiedigitallibrary.org/ – users accessing the site via registered IP addresses will be automatically authenticated.
OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) is an online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
Elsevier Open Access Journals All articles in open access journals which are published by Elsevier have undergone peer review and upon acceptance are immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download.
Open Access Journals Search Engine (OAJSE) Some of the journals listed are peer-reviewed, others are not, so take care when citing.
OpenDOAR is an authoritative directory of academic open access repositories. Each OpenDOAR repository has been visited by project staff to check the information that is recorded here. This in-depth approach does not rely on automated analysis and gives a quality-controlled list of repositories.
OAIster is a union catalog of millions of records representing open access resources that was built by harvesting from open access collections worldwide using the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH). Today, OAIster includes more than 30 million records representing digital resources from more than 1,500 contributors.
Hrčak is the central portal of Croatian scientific journals. Hrčak offers the access to the journals following the Open Access Initiative
SCIndeks is covering locally published journals classified as publications of scientific character. All of the journals listed are indexed on cover-to-cover basis.
SPIE Digital Library is the world’s largest collection of optics and photonics research. In 2014 SPIE adopted a Gold Open Access author choice program applicable to new articles published in SPIE journals. Open access articles display an open access logo and are accessible to all readers.
BiH Directorate for Economic Planning has some freely available resources; the Bosnian version of the site has more publications uploaded so I would recommend starting there.
The legal office Alma Prnjavorac offers a selection of laws of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Official Documents System Search (ODSS) is a system used to access official UN documents.
“Pregled” is a periodical that promotes creative capacity of University of Sarajevo scholars and of other scholars from fields of social sciences and humanities as well.
INFOBIRO offers a free archive of the earliest published periodicals in B&H.
- The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) is an international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination, and preservation of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs). We support electronic publishing and open access to scholarship in order to enhance the sharing of knowledge worldwide. Our website includes resources for university administrators, librarians, faculty, students, and the general public. Topics include how to find, create, and preserve ETDs; how to set up an ETD program; legal and technical questions; and the latest news and research in the ETD community.
Search the 5,003,548 electronic theses and dissertations contained in the NDLTD archive – Global ETD Search.
- ipl2 is a public service organization and a learning/teaching environment. To date, thousands of students and volunteer library and information science professionals have been involved in answering reference questions for our Ask an ipl2 Librarian service and in designing, building, creating and maintaining the ipl2's collections. It is through the efforts of these students and volunteers that the ipl2 continues to thrive to this day.
In January 2010, the website "ipl2: information you can trust" was launched, merging the collections of resources from the Internet Public Library (IPL) and the Librarians' Internet Index (LII) websites. The site is hosted by The College of Computing & Informatics at Drexel University, and a consortium of colleges and universities with programs in information science are involved in developing and maintaining the ipl2. The Higher Education section might be of interest to university students.
- The Open Learning Initiative (OLI) is a grant-funded group at Carnegie Mellon University, offering innovative online courses to anyone who wants to learn or teach. Our aim is to create high-quality courses and contribute original research to improve learning and transform higher education.
- Questia - Located in downtown Chicago, Questia is the premier online research and paper writing resource. Since its founding in 1998, Questia has helped students find and cite high-quality, scholarly research. With emphasis on subjects related to the humanities and social sciences, Questia provides the resources needed to complete most college-level, core-curriculum course assignments.
The Questia library contains books and journal articles on subjects such as history, philosophy, economics, political science, English and literature, anthropology, psychology, and sociology. It also includes magazine and newspaper articles.
Questia offers a monthly, semester and yearly subscriptions, however Questia's library has over 5,000 public domain, classic and rare books that you can read online absolutely free. Find and read free books online by some of literature's greatest authors, including Frederick Douglass, Charles Dickens, Edgar Allan Poe, Rudyard Kipling, Mark Twain, William Shakespeare and more.
- Authorama – Welcome to Authorama.com, featuring completely free books from a variety of different authors, collected here for you to read online or offline. The books may have been published before, but not in this form, which I hope you find enjoyable to read and print. Feedback is welcome – enjoy the reading.
All the classic literature featured on this site, as well as illustrations within the book pages, are in the public domain. Other texts are Creative Commons licensed by Authorama.com (Philipp Lenssen).
This site has been created by Philipp Lenssen. The HTML books found here are web page versions of Project Gutenberg "Plain Vanilla ASCII" eTexts.
- The Classic Reader website is published by Blackdog Media, a one-person company run by Stephane Theroux, in British Columbia, Canada. All books published on the Classic Reader website are out-of-copyright, meaning their copyright protection has expired. This means you won't find the latest Stephen King, Tom Clancy, etc. You will find classic literary works from the start of the 20th century and previous centuries, from authors like Charles Dickens, Jules Verne, William Shakespeare and more.
- LibriVox – founded in 2005 - is a community of volunteers from all over the world who record public domain texts: poetry, short stories, whole books, even dramatic works, in many different languages. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain in the USA and available as free downloads on the internet. If you are not in the USA, please check your country's copyright law before downloading. If you are having trouble accessing the site, try https://archive.org/details/librivoxaudio
- The Literature Network offers searchable online literature for the student, educator, or enthusiast. To find the work you're looking for start by looking through the author index. We currently have over 3500 full books and over 4400 short stories and poems by over 260 authors. Our quotations database has over 8500 quotes, and our quiz system features over 340 quizzes.
- The Online Books Page is a website that facilitates access to books that are freely readable over the Internet. It also aims to encourage the development of such online books, for the benefit and edification of all.
The Online Books Page was founded, and is edited, by John Mark Ockerbloom. He is a digital library planner and researcher at the University of Pennsylvania. He is responsible for the content of the site. Alison Miner is Associate Editor. Details of our copyrights and licenses are given on this page. This page has a further explanation of what goes in the online books indexes.
The site is hosted by the University of Pennsylvania Libraries, who provide the server, disk space, and network bandwidth for the site. They also employ the editor, and support him in his various digital library activities (of which this is but one).
- ReadPrint.com – Read Print is an online community for users who enjoy books and reading. Members can utilize an array of services that include features to rate and review books, stories, and poems, create an online bookshelf, read books online as well as search for and create groups and lists of books, among other features. It charges a fee for some of its services, but it also has free out-of-copyright online books.